It takes a community to raise homes: Fundraising for Rumah Angkat
Rumah Angkat is a LGBTQ transitional shelter in Malaysia that aims to address the specific needs of homeless queer people holistically. Rumah Angkat was founded by PLUHO, Pelangi Campaign and Jejaka in 2020, and currently governed by PLUHO and Pelangi Campaign. In our first fundraising in 2020, we managed to raise RM50,000. That funding allowed us to establish Rumah Angkat. This year, we are seeking your support in our second fundraising. Since 2020, we have:
- Helped 12 LGBTQ persons escape violence, abuse, and homelessness;
- Assisted 3 residents to access gender-affirming transitional care;
- Provided housing and other support to 4 refugees and stateless persons; and
- Set up a network of organisations and volunteers to fight LGBTIQ+ homelessness.
The goal of this fundraising is RM150,000. With your support in this round of fundraising, we will be able to help more LGBTIQ persons in need, increasing our capacity to respond to LGBTIQ+ homelessness. The funding would allow us to continue to provide a range of services to address various needs of our residents, including:
- Gender-affirming care and transition support including, hormone therapy and preliminary mental health check;
- Legal support for those escaping oppression from their employers or state;
- Refugee-specific care including healthcare which is not provided for non-Malaysians and other support as they are unable to obtain legal employment;
- Supporting people living with HIV that requires financial support to begin their HIV treatment; or
- Mental health therapy.
Donation within Malaysia
Running a home like Rumah Angkat can be costly, apart from providing housing for our residents we try our best to provide comprehensive support like therapy, career coaching, and support group. Your donation will help us to provide better care for our residents and non-residents.
For donation within Malaysia, you can deposit your donation directly to our bank account. Upon donating, kindly fill up this Google Forms and upload your receipt. We hope to keep you updated with our progress over email. If you would like to pledge for a monthly donation, please set up auto-debit manually on your bank online portal.
Bank: CIMB Bank (PLUHO PLT)
Account number: 8604556185
Google Forms: https://bit.ly/RumahAngkatDonate
Donation outside of Malaysia
Kofi is our preferred platform for donation outside of Malaysia, it supports PayPal and Stripe you can easily make your donation using your Credit or Debit Card. If you are able to, consider pledge monthly on Kofi.
NB: All donation made to Rumah Angkat is not tax-deductible.
We also accept non-monetary donation, check out our wishlist.